BS-MD MEDICAL DEGREE PROGRAMME IN PHILIPPINES EQUIVALENT TO MBBS IN NEPAL
It is a double degree course in which students will be awarded two concurrent degrees upon graduation--the BS (Bachelor of Science) degree in Biology as well as the MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree. It is recognized by Nepal Medical Council (NMC) as to be equivalent to MBBS.
Medical Education in Philippines offered by the Medical colleges are governed by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) of the Philippines. Medical Education in Philippines is recognized by World Health Organization (WHO) and association of foreign medical graduates.
Medical Colleges with long history and expertise in academic research, well supported by excellent infrastructure makes it the best option to study medicine in Philippines. A large number of students from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, China, Pakistan and Iran are coming to study medicine in Philippines.
BS/MD (MBBS) IN PHILIPPINES
BS/MD (MBBS) in Philippines is one of the best programs for Nepalese students. Philippines provide top class medical education in a safe environment at affordable cost.
Philippines being the world’s third largest English speaking nation and having a strong compatibility for American system of education, has made study MBBS a superior choice for students from around the world. Philippines produce thousands medical graduates pursuing MBBS in Philippines each year.
Study medicine in Philippines follows the American system of education, thus students will have the option of credit transfer should they decide to further study medicine in the USA.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR MBBS IN PHILIPPINES:
Students with 10+2 or Intermediate education in Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% marks are eligible to study medicine in Philippines. MBBS in Philippines is 5.5 years of duration. Nepalese students with Intermediate education in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Biology will have to join the Bachelor of Science degree program. It is also refer as pre-medicine course which will be of 16 to 24 months of duration.
The entry level programs for the pre-medicine are Bachelor of Science in Biology, Nursing, Bio Medical and Pharmacy. Upon successfully completing the Bachelor program, students will be awarded a Bachelor of Science degree. The students will then have to take the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) conducted by the government of Philippines. This exam is conducted twice every year. Medical Universities in Philippines offer tutorials for Nepalese students to facilitate them to pass the NMAT test without any problem.
Once the student completes of the B.S course and the NMAT test, then he/she will be eligible into the Medical schools to study Medicine in Philippines which will be of 4 years of duration.
Why study in Philippines?
STUDY MBBS/BS-MD/BDS @VIRGEN MILAGROSA UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION PHILIPPINES
- A lot of parents from Nepal believes that Philippines is one of the best education destination for their children to study MBBS, as it offers quality medical education that comes with lot of benefits…
- MBBS in Philippines is most cost effective. Tuition fee is at affordable rate and being paid on installment basis.
- Affordable living and accommodation expenses.
- Modern teaching techniques and superior quality medical education combined with world class amenities.
- Internationally recognized Medical colleges which are listed in World Health Organization (WHO) and supported by foreign medical graduate council.
- Medium of instruction is purely English.
- Majority of Filipinos has a facility for English language and so Nepalese students feel comfortable. There is no demand to learn the local language.
- MBBS in Philippines follows the US education system thus students will have the credit transfer options to continue study medicine in America.
- 1 out of every 10 doctors practicing in America is medical graduates from Philippines.
- Philippines exports maximum number of medical graduates in the world.
- MBBS in Philippines comes with a great cultural diversity in the college campus
- MBBS in Philippines prepares you for the USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination).Almost 100% of the students graduate in Philippines passed the Board Examination in their home country.
189km apart from Manila is San Carlos City, Pangasinan, the home of the Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation. The university with its 18 edifices (College Departmental Buildings, hospital, dormitories and hotel lounge, church, stadium) are all seated in a 19-hectare of land.
The university was established in 1958 with the aim to help the country fight poverty by means of education. It has local and international recognition: Philippines Department of Education, Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and PACU-COA, listed in World Health Organization (WHO) and FAIMER-IMED. It is also recognized and approved medical university by statutory bodies in many countries that set the standards for medical education abroad such as in Nepal, the Nepal Medical Council (NMC).
MEDICAL DEGREE PROGRAMME RECOGNISED BY NEPAL MEDICAL COUNCIL AS EQUIVALENT TO MBBS IN NEPAL
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation has a consistent 100% passing rate in Nepal Medical Council physician licensure examination.
Presently, the university has more than 150 Nepalese students enrolled.
Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation has an EXCLUSIVE Memorandum of Agreement with Merge International Nepal-Philippines Education Consultancy Pvt Ltd of Kathmandu, Nepal, since 2011.
The Memorandum of Agreement was renewed in 2015 for another four exclusive years. Luzviminda Thapa and Sujan Thapa, Managing Director and Chairman, both of Merge International Nepal-Philippines Education Consultancy Pvt. Ltd. are official partners of the Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation in Nepal.
(Signing of Exclusive Memorandum of Agreement with VMUF Officials President
Dr. Ma. Lilia Posadas Juan, Vice-President
Dr. Angelo Juan, College Dean
Dr. Gerry Abenilla with Managing Director
Luzviminda Thapa of Merge International Nepal-Philippines Education Consultancy Pvt. Ltd.)